This is so simple to make, I’m kicking myself for not making it sooner! I love this recipe because it’s great for little helping hands–my 3 year old helped make it and he was so proud of himself when the big kids told him how yummy it was!
I love that it’s only two ingredients, like another one of our recipes–and the possibilities for variations are endless. The base is bananas and different add ins, from peanut butter to dark chocolate chips to coconut flakes or nuts, will change it up and keep your taste buds asking for more ice cream please!
All of my kids have trouble with dairy so its a bonus that it’s dairy free and super healthy with zero sugar added in unless you want to add in something like honey or coconut sugar (but not needed if you use very ripe bananas).
Homemade Banana Ice Cream
- Two Bananas, sliced into ‘coins’
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
That’s it. No, really!
- After slicing and chopping the bananas and strawberries, put into freezer bags or freezer safe bowls.
- Freeze for a minimum of two hours.
- Using a food processor or blender, pulse/blend the bananas until the reach the smooth consistency of soft serve ice cream.
- Add in strawberries (or whatever add ins you prefer!) and pulse/blend until incorporated well.
- Put ice cream into an airtight container and freeze. OR, be impatient like us and serve immediately–it will be a little soft but still tasty!
We’d love to hear what add ins you try!
Never Give Up,