Our family has become a cycling family and we couldn’t be happier about it! It happened gradually over the course of the last month and we have Mathias from WOOMbikes USA to thank for this new, healthy, and fun habit that has become part of our family culture.
We were asked to review the WOOM 3, 4, and City, and the kids had a blast trying out these three great bikes. I asked each of them what they loved most about their bikes and here’s what they said:
Madeline (age 6) said she likes her pink WOOM 4 because it’s “really pretty”.
Max (age 6) said he liked his WOOM 3 because it’s “super fast”.
And Claire (age 9) loved her WOOM 4 City bike because it “looks sophisticated”.
While I consider myself mainly a runner, I really look forward to our daily bike riding adventures. The kids and I made a goal to ride our bikes to school more than we ride in the car and we’ve been successful– only missing a few days due to rain. And for the past month I’ve had a great opportunity to see the WOOMs in action. Here’s what I love most about these bikes:
- Safety Features: The moment my oldest daughter started pedaling the City bike, the headlight and rear light automatically turned on. I love that added safety feature which provides an extra layer of visibility to the drivers around us. All the bikes we were given have hand breaks made to fit small hands so that your child will have no difficultly going from coaster breaks to hand breaks.
- Confidence Builders: The WOOM 3 (as well as the Balance and WOOM 2) has a lower center of gravity. So for those kids transitioning to riding a bike without training wheels or from the balance bike–this bike is perfect for keeping them confident in their ability to handle a bigger bike.
- Versatility: We loved that the WOOM 4 easily moved from pavement to trails. The tires provided great traction on the dirt trails I like to run near my house. My daughter was able to navigate these trails with ease.
- Upcycle!: With a one time membership fee you can join WOOMbike’s Upcycling program. You return the bike your child outgrew, and if it’s in good condition you’ll receive a check for 40% of the original price.
- Well Made: All three bikes are light weight yet sturdy. And after owning other bikes I noticed a significant difference in the kids’ abilities to ride up the steep hills in our neighborhood. In the past, I’d have to help by pushing them along–the first time on their WOOM bikes and they had no problem tackling the hills solo.
The kids love these bikes so much that even after riding to and from school each day they ask to ride their bikes in the evenings and they all ask to take turns pacing me on my weekend runs. If you are interested in learning more about WOOMbikes and finding the right fit for your child, head over to WOOMbikes and Mathias will help find the perfect bike for your family.
We love bypassing the traffic jam during morning rush hour!
Never Give Up,
Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a “sponsored post.” The company who sponsored it compensated me via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”