Simple and delicious is how I’d describe this recipe. If you need an after school snack or even pre or post workout fuel for yourself–these little energy bites are perfect for the whole family.
The original recipe was from pinterest but it didn’t link to any site nor did the final product match the picture posted. So I modified it a bit and this turns out more like a cookie–but cookie…energy bite…no matter what you call it, you’ll love it!
4 Ingredient Energy Bites
- 2 ripe bananas (the riper the better!)
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (or less…but why?)
- 1 cup oats
- Mash bananas and add in peanut butter, mix well.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Either roll into small balls or use a spoon to plop onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
What I love about these is you can add more of one thing, less of another, or add a whole new ingredient (Raisins instead of chocolate chips? Nuts? Almond butter instead of PB? The possibilities are endless) to match your family’s preferences!
Let us know if you try these and what add-ins you choose.
Never Give Up,