If you search through our recipe archive, you’ll see a trend– we love Asian food! So here’s another yummy recipe to add to our files, a delicious and not fried, baked sweet and sour chicken. I’m so glad I found the original recipe and only had to make some minor modifications to fit our family’s needs.
You can make this recipe gluten free by using gluten free soy sauce and ketchup.
Right out of the oven!
Baked Sweet & Sour Chicken
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts, rinsed, dried and cut into small cubes
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 TB Olive Oil (or coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 4 Tablespoons ketchup
- Pre-heat your oven to 325° degrees. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Dip chicken into the cornstarch to coat, then dip into the eggs.
- Heat oil in a large pan and sautee chicken pieces until slightly browned, but not cooked through. Place chicken in a 9×13-inch greased baking dish.
- Mix all of your sweet and sour sauce ingredients in a bowl. Pour evenly over the chicken.
- Bake chicken for one hour, uncovered. Turn the chicken every 15 minutes or so while baking.
- Serve while warm. We serve this with a yummy ‘fried’ brown rice–loaded with broccoli and cauliflower. Recipe coming soon!
Are you a fan of Asian food? What’s your favorite dish?
Never Give Up,