I’ve been wanting to bake more using coconut flour ever since I bought a bag to make the super yummy Coconut Flour Banana Pancakes. So I was happy when I stumbled across a healthy blueberry muffin recipe. But, as in usual Nicole Baking/Cooking Fashion, I got distracted. I mixed up the ingredients and popped them in the oven–noting the time and not setting the timer thinking, I can keep an eye on them. Well, I got distracted with washing dishes, making my breakfast, searching for a coat for twin brother in the car, looking for his bike helmet, defrosting Baby’s blueberries and then remembered: The Muffins!! Luckily they weren’t burned and my Lumberjack, I mean, husband, thought they were pretty good as the first taste tester. The rest will be eaten today by the kiddos during snack time.
Coconut Flour Blueberry Muffins
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (sifted)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup blueberries (dredged in 1/2 TB coconut flour)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the dry ingredients. Make sure you sift them for a finer consistency.
- Blend the wet ingredients together.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together until there are no lumps. Fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Let batter sit for about 5 minutes.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups or cupcake liner, about 1/2 full. It should yield six muffins.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 16-18 minutes.
Really, Lumberjack Man (the beard has grown on me!) loved them!
I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Never Give Up,