After I had Baby, I wanted to get back into working out as soon as I could. My doctor gave me permission to start running at 3 weeks post partum and a few weeks later I was itching to get back into a strength training routine. I’ve always gone to the gym for this but because Baby was so little, I had to get creative and start working out at home. I discovered there was so much I could do with a few dumbbells, a yoga mat and my own body weight.
Fit Legs/Glute Routine
Do 15 reps of each execise until one circuit is completed. Take a minute break and repeat two more times. I’ve included some pictures but if you are unsure about any of the exercises listed or how to do them with correct form, they can be found on Google image or Bodybuilding.com.
- Walking lunges (15 each leg, dumbbells optional)
- Jump squats
- Plie Squats (dumbbell optional)
- Bridge Pose (Hold for 2 minutes)
- Squats (dumbbells optional)
- Glute Kickbacks aka Donkey Kicks (15 each leg)
- Bulgarian Split Squat (15 each leg, with or without dumbbells. I have used a chair or coffee table to stabilize the back leg)
Mamas, I know how difficult it can be to make the time to get to the gym some days! The great thing about this routine is you can do it at home with or without weights. If you give it a try, let us know how you liked it (sore=good).
Never Give Up,